Friday, April 10, 2015

APRIL LOVE: My Superpower

Mr. Wonderful's cat, Bib and Baby Girl back in the day
Day 10: Some of you may know or not know that I'm a cat juggler. It's my superpower. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't use this power for good for others. It's a blessing and a curse like most superpowers. I juggle a pretty active schedule (by choice) where I get to work hard, connect with friends, do Yoga (when I'm super lucky) and spend time with my family including two dogs which doesn't always bode well for cat juggling. You see, since I was a little girl, this has been my talent...Taking on three tasks at any given moment...Doing more than I probably should be. I remember thinking that all would change once I graduated college where I proceeded with a 20-plus credit hour schedule, two jobs, volunteering for community theater and whatever else I could find to keep me juggling. But nothing really changed...I just got better at this power. It translated well into my career and my relationships and when I got married and when I became a mother. It's as if this superpower would always be a necessary since life moves forward with so many opportunities to live it -- with or without you. I thrive on juggling but as I've grown up and become just a tad bit wiser, I realize that juggling is not how I need to show up for everything. Focusing on one person, one moment or one task at a time can bring so much more to the table than trying to do it all at once. And that is my close second when it comes to superpowers - reflecting. It's through my reflections, I totally get that it's OK to be "Juggling Lorelie" or "One-Thing-At-A-Time Lorelie." At the end of the day, it's still me and being yourself is a superpower that we should all strive to master.

Able to juggle and able to not,

No comments: