Wednesday, October 02, 2013

31 Days of Super Heroes :: Joy

31 Days of Super Heroes - Day #2: Joy
My year started with a visit from my best friend Joy and her family. It was not the smoothest trip to Florida for the four of them but they were able to move forward and get back home.

Joy is pure light to me. She and her family taught me so much about love, about patience and about the importance of family dinner time. Sitting around a table with Joy and fam showed me that no matter the day or what is going on...taking time to be together while breaking bread is a good way to wash away and reset focus on what's really important.
Joy is in her final year of her graduate degree. I am proud of her beyond the years we've been friends. Our quality time has become phone calls during our drives to work and school. Even if they're only a few minutes, they end up being some of the most meaningful and always helpful conversations.

Joy - You are a super hero! Thank you for embracing your passion to bring joy to others and for being an amazing best friend. 


No comments: