Friday, October 04, 2013

31 Days of Super Heroes :: Jenny

31 Days of Super Heroes - Day #4: My Jenny
Where do I even begin with this one? My Jenny and I met "by chance" during my first year of college. We were placed as roommates in a non-A/C top floor tiny room with more furniture than my living room has in it.We could not of been more opposite in our upbringing and the way we looked at life, specifically higher education. But once I had the chance to really see Jenny the way that others rarely see her, I knew we'd be lifelong friends.

My Jenny is fearless, ready for anything and super hero smart in the way she has taken her career around the world and back successfully on all fronts. She understands the importance of fun, adventure, spontaneity and living the kind of life most of us dream of post-retirement or when we win the lottery. She is far from 65 and truly created her own winning ticket that is just right for her. She hasn't looked back except to visit those she holds near and dear and I just happen to be privileged to be one of them.

My Jenny - You are a super hero! Thank you for your letting our friendship grow into something so unexpected. You inspire me and impact my day-to-day positively even from the other side of the world. Thank you for using your talents to explore, teach and share the possibility that adventure is only a trip to a job fair away. 

No comments: